Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sibling Rivalry

It's a good thing I decided a long time ago it was futile to compete with my older sister! It is fairly common for siblings close in age to feel competitive with one another, and my sister is only about 16 months or so older than me. However, she left me behind almost 9 years ago when she got a husband, now she has four of the most adorable children I have ever seen, has lived in Europe for the last three years, and now she gets one of these! *sigh*



So, a little jealous, yeah, but not really. I feel so far behind her now that I have just stopped worrying about it! I am happy right where I am, doing exactly what I am doing. Although, it would sure be nice! Congrats to my sister and her family who are making the trek back to the United States. In the mean time, I will just keep living my single life and be spontaneous and go with some friends of mine in the ward to California on Saturday and spend a week doing nothing but soaking up the sun and forgetting about all of the papers I have graded this year!

5 comments:

Stupendousman35 said...

So that is their house? Looks pretty sweet...don't worry though, she is the one that should be jealous...I mean has she gotten to hang out with the coolest brother ever in the past 4 or 5 years? no...that totally makes up for it. Right? ;)

Unknown said...

Absolutely! :)

Kelly said...

Well, I am jealous if you aren't! I want a house very bad. That is a darling house! Where are they moving to? It looks so beautiful and green there. So, are you coming to Southern Cal? If you aren't too booked, I would love to see you, but I understand if not. Have a great vacation!! You deserve it!

JMadd said...

Well, I wouldn't compare. She might be wishing that she could have been single longer and lived in an apartment with awesome roommates. Who knows.

Missy said...

Green Eyed monster coming from my general direction! Darling house. Oh, only 11 months!

But seriously, at least you are off the hook for mowing that lawn or making the mortgage payments. ;)