Monday, May 19, 2008

My Layers are Sticking

To my body. It is living heck in my classroom. 87 degrees with the swamp cooler on. (They never put *water* in the swamp cooler) So sitting under the cooler is like sitting under a blow-dryer. We keep it on because it creates air flow. Who wants to learn about The Great Gatsby in this environment? NO ONE.

Suddenly I am onery too, reminiscent of the days in grade school when NO school I went to had an airconditioner, and all you could do is day-dream, talk out of turn, and stare out the windows. Only in my room there are only three litle windows, so the heat and the noise and the inevitable accompanying smell of 1 1/2 hour long classes of 36, 17 year olds, reverberate off of the faux-wood paneling and orange carpet. Misery.

Suddenly my classroom is the jungle. Choose your battles. I am just as miserable as the kids.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am so sorry! Hang in there! Only a few more days!

Missy said...

You are almost there! And I am wishing for a few more coolers days for you.

JMadd said...

That's pretty craptastic. I say that you take a field trip to the library every day for the rest of the school year.

Relaxed Cat said...

poor darling! when is marta coming? we'll have a great ice-cream filled break!