Friday, May 30, 2008

I Feel Like A Dog



So, good thing my hair turned out looking alright, otherwise I think I would have literally killed the girl cutting my hair! But she thinned my hair without asking, and I know, it looks okay, as witnessed by these pictures, but wow. This was not the normally thinning with the little tooth-like sheering scissors, she grabbed chunks of my hair up along the crown of my head and just chopped! I have about 10 or so little globs of hair that are only 1/8th of an inch long! You can feel them through the top of my head, and the only comparison I can come up with is that my head feels like a recently clipped dog head! It is so bizarre I can't stop touching it! I am going to develope a really weird idiosyncrasy if my hair doesn't grow soon. People will think I am scratching for fleas! Great, now on my list of things to look for in a man I need to add, *doesn't like to touch female hair*, because my head feels like a dog on top! The worst thing is, I will have what my family affectionately calls a "Utah-Bomp" in a few months when the top of my head grows out and I will have a lot more volumne on top than on bottom! AHHHGHHGHGH!

I thought about trying to photograph one of the little bits of hair becuase you can see them! But that would have been going too far! Feel free to come feel my hair if you want to. *sigh*

4 comments:

JMadd said...

It's not called "thinning," it's called "texturizing" and I love having it done because I have more hair than a wooly mammoth on my head. Sometimes it gets so heavy it makes my neck hurt. No kidding. I think your hair looks awesome and when you blowdry it and use your own products it will look much more normal.

Duludes said...

I thought it looked great. My sisters even commented on your hair after you left. I know what you mean about the little short hairs that
tend to stick straight up. I have a few, but I gave them to myself by pulling a barrette out of my hair.

Missy said...

You really need to go to my friend, Nicole. I've always thought she did an awesome job at hair but everyone I've sent to her says she's the best!! So sad about the hair but at least it looks good!
But seriously, let me know if you're interested and I can hook you up!

Missy said...

Sounds very odd, but it does look lovely. I would have no way of knowing otherwise. I also agree with jmadd about using your own products and then it shouldn't feel quite as weird. Hopefully.