Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Poor, Poor Students

So complicated being a woman! Hormones affect women is so many different ways! I was laughing with my sister yesterday becuase she says when she is hormonal she is annoyed by every man in sight, and I react just the opposite. All I want right now is to be held in somebody's arms instead of grading research papers on my prep-period. I get vulnerable feeling and just want to be taken care of and cuddled with.

But that is not the only thing that is wrong right now. My poor students! When I'm hormonal they seem to score a lot lower on tests and papers...My honor's class just received an average score of 78% on their To Kill A Mockingbird test I just graded. At moments like this I wonder if I should just give them all a little extra credit to make up the difference because I full well know why they all scored abnormally low on this test! Question is, how would I label that in the grade book? LOL.

3 comments:

JMadd said...

I have one word... Yasmin!

Unknown said...

I actually have very very mild symptoms, I just think men are unbelievably desirable, am more critical of my student's work, crave chocolate, and drop things, like I did on Monday, fry sauce + white shirt =- disaster! :)

Stupendousman35 said...

you know...a 78% is a pretty good test average in some classes here at BYU...