Monday, July 07, 2008

Viki's Isn't Going Anywhere.


(I'm home) and I found an old scrapbook (if you can call it that) of my senior year of high school. Wow, some scary pictures in there! Haha. My little sister and I were looking at them and she was like wow, you didn't wear any makeup back then! Well, I did, but not very much, and my bangs were like wow, way too short and well, you know. Mom assured me that I have beoome much more lovely now that I am older, and I was so cute back then, it was just the styles! Why we wore clothes that made us look like men I don't know. Why I had those ugly bangs, I don't know! But wow, you just have to laugh and not let yourself have that little moment of crazy and totally not normal or necessary fear that someday you will show pictures of yourself to your future husband or kids and they will be like whoa, girl, seriously, what were you thinking wearing that? My mom said we were all so cute then as we are now, styles have just changes. Well, all I have to say is there are a few things that are not ever leaving me, that are improvements I will not ever retract. Victoria Secret and eyebrow pencils and eyeliner, and foundation, ect.,ect.,ect,. Maybe those things help me look a little more than I really am, but I don't care! And just to prove I am a more self-assured adult than I sometimes feel like I am, I am going to post one of these photos (if I can figure out how) on my blog! So we can say, ah, those days! Look how (cute) we were! Ha ha.

Okay, here is a photo of a few of us at my friend's house right before Sweethearts (?)

2 comments:

Missy said...

Wow, thanks for the trip down memory lane! That picture surely brought back memories! Hahah I am still trying to figure out the 'styles' back then. I fully understand why it is called the awkward teenage years! I feel more confident now that I have grown used to my own skin.

JMadd said...

Some men, my fiance in particular, find satin to be very sexy. He also likes hot pink and black argyle print. I can show him all of my 80's and 90's pictures with no fear.