Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Because I Said So!"

Growing up, instead of hearing, "Because I said so!" We would hear, "Because you are a member of this family, and that is what we do!" If we thought we should get paid for our chores or be reimburshed somehow for anything, we were told what we were doing was our responsibility because we were a member of the family, and that is what we do in our family! This morning I woke up grateful for this philosophy.

My brother needed to move out of his apartment,but his car got hit. I have been carrying around his house in my car for over a week. He helped me move my classroom at school a couple of days ago, and all that loaded down weight + extreme heat = car problems. My car has been overheating, and probably my water pump is broken, not because of helping my brother, but just because my car is fastly becoming an old junker :D. My brother helped me fix my car twice as it broke down, and watched patiently as I bumped my head twice, swore, and then proceeded to cry over my life. What a good brother! And then he decided to delay his trip home a while to drive me home, so I don't die in my car somewhere in Oregon.

Last night we took his car to Les Mis down at the Tuachan Theatre in St. George, and had a super, super good time, the play is amazing! We did the trip in one night so we had to keep each other awake until 3:35 a.m. when we rolled back into Provo, laughing at old family stories, singing to the radio, and chomping on beef jerky. While we were doing this I was reminded that my family has a funny sense of humor, but we always find what anyone in the family says extremely halarious, which I love about my family because I dearly love to laugh.

The point of all this rambling? I love my family. Familes are there when you cry and when you laugh, when your car breaks down, and when you do crazy things together like drive back from St. George at midnight instead of camping out like normal people. I'm glad Heavenly Father put us into families because it is much better to go through the bumps and bruises as well as the good times, together. So I am grateful we stick together becuase "That's what we do in this family!"

4 comments:

Missy said...

I had to laugh, because that is what my parents said to us too! You have a very good brother for sure. Thanks for the beef jerky tip. I am going to be using that in Aug.

Missy said...

Families are great! Whew! Glad we have them! But I'm still in shock that you swore! I just can't picture it!

Stupendousman35 said...

You are such a great sister! And must have a great brother too...;)

WalkConkies said...

Someone knew what they were doing when they stuck you guys together! You make up a great family!!! Have fun visiting the fam!!!