Saturday, March 01, 2008

And I give it 4 STARS!



You absolutely have to see this movie! This is seriously the best movie I have seen in a while. It has the perfect blend of fairy tale/reality, modern/Victorian Mod, fun and love/coming of age and hard times. Without being didactic it has a good message about sense of self, and is also very, very romantic!

And this guy is growing on me, the male lead, he is in Narnia and Becoming Jane, but he is definitely cutest in this movie. He does the hesiate-before-kiss moment so well! :D

6 comments:

Katie said...

I have been debating on this one. It looks like it could be good, but the whole pig-nose thing is throwing me off a bit. I will probably go see it now that you've rated it so highly. I agree about James Macavoy (don't know if I spelled his name right); he's dreamy.

Unknown said...

Honestly, I thought the same thing and esp. since it was $8 to go see, but it is totally worth it!

Missy said...

I agree with Katie...I'm hesitant because of the pig-nose, but now I want to see it!! I'll probably have to wait to rent it since Shawn won't go with me.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the review! Now I really want to see it! The challenge will be convincing John. He has already made up his mind that it looks really dumb. We'll see I guess.

Scully said...

I so want to see this. I think anything Reese Witherspoon produces is worth seeing. I so envy your ability to get smaller movies like this one in your theatres. Good old ML only has the really stupid and violent ones right away. I'll probably have to wait until May to see this. They just barely got around to screening Juno, which opened months ago AND was nominated for an Oscar. But a ridiculous-looking rated R movie w/ Will Ferrell will open right away AND play for months. I hate living here sometimes.

Relaxed Cat said...

i'm going to see it this weekend - i hope - on your recommendation!