In the spirit of going to Harry Potter tonight at 12 a.m., (have to be a book fan to do that right?!?!) and going to see the new Pride and Prejudice movie this Saturday, and with all the book-talk floating around, I just thought I would list my top 10 favorite books, more for my enjoyment than yours! Yes, some of these are kids books, and wow--how can you make a top 10 list! Too many favorite books to fit into that small number!
1. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day -- Judith Viorst (kids picture book, and my favorite form of bibliotheraphy!)
2. Mara, Daughter of the Nile -- Eloise Jarvis McGraw (Juvenile Fiction)
3. Ivanhoe -- Sir Walter Scott
4. The Portrait of a Lady -- Henry James
5. The House of Mirth -- Edith Wharton
6. Jane Eyre -- Charlotte Bronte
7. Possession -- A.S. Byatt*
8. Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason -- Helen Fielding*
9. The Kitchen God's Wife -- Amy Tan*
10. The Bonesetter's Daughter -- Amy Tan*
Favorite Series: Harry Potter -- J. K. Rowling (of course!)
*Contain some adult material.
I'm only happy when it rains.
5 weeks ago