Tuesday, September 25, 2007

'Tis the Season to Try to be Positive


I like how Scully started her last post of “tis the season.” I was thinking how it ‘tis the end of September and time for me to hit my first burn out of the school year! I am exhausted, stressed, and everything that could possibly have gone wrong this week so far, has. So, I am trying to think about all of the good things about this season:
1. PHS won their first homecoming game in 20 years. My football boys are happy.
2. The mountains are turning beautiful colors!!! I love the fall!
3. I don’t have to use my fan at night, or roll down the windows in my car anymore.
4. I can wear a sweatshirt outside! Yeah!
5. I love the stormy, moist, cloudy, rainy, weather that comes with fall in Provo.
6. My classroom is no longer a sweat box of 90 degrees!
7. I had to scrape off my windshield this morning, it was covered in ice. Okay, okay, one complaint had to make it on this list!
8. And yeah, can’t think of a lot of good things right now, maybe there will be more good things tomorrow, after I post mid-term grades, after I spent all night at parent teacher conference, after I plan my lessons for the rest of the week….
9. I saw Hairspray, and it was really good! Love the music. I can’t wait until someone can say to me, “you’re old and your fat, but you will never be old hat to me!” Good show. I recommend it.
10. Late entry: Airborne. Airborne makes me happy; Zesty Orange flavor to be exact. Staving off the head cold—so far, mostly good.

5 comments:

Missy said...

I've been trying to talk Shawn into seeing Hairspray with me...I guess it will have to wait until we can rent it!
I'm glad you were able to think of some positives! It's really hard sometimes!

Scully said...

Airborne is awesome. Also, loved Hairspray, except that kid who played Link is far too pretty for his own good. It was a little disturbing.

Unknown said...

Scully, agreed on the Link comment. I thought the cute black guy that Amanda Bynes hooked up with was even hotter though...

Missy said...

Airborne is my b.f.f.! When kids get together, talk about petri dish heaven! Yuck.

I am glad hairspray recieved two thumbs up from you! Makes me even more excited about watching...when I don't know, but it is definitely one on the lists of things I want to do!

Panini said...

:) I know - it was surprisingly funny. And I love your #7. And your rock, and I'm sorry school's been crappy.