Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What the First Day of School Brings


To a high schooler the first day of school means:

1. You got to pick out a new outfit, lay it across your bed nights before, imagine your stunning entry in the said outfit, and tease your hair for at least an hour before you real entry into the high school.

2. Fantasies about how the guys must have gotten hotter in 3 short months, and don't guys grow any taller in that short amount of time either?

3. Maybe you will have class with just the right hot guy.

4. Maybe this will be the year you date just the right hot guy.

5. Seeing your friends on a regular basis.


To a teacher, the first day of school means:


1. The first day of sleepless nights for months.

2. The first day that cut offs are again not-okay, neither are messy buns, or flip-flops okay to wear.

3. The first day of 160 sets of hormonal/emotional either over or under inflated egos, needs are going to have to come first for 8 hours a day.

4. Home is no longer a sofa and a bed, but a classroom with 38 germ ridden desks, dirty windows, with flying white board eraser dust and a computer.

5 comments:

Scully said...

You know you love it. Also, I'm sure you totally had YOUR first day of school outfit chosen days before too. I would.

Missy said...

Love the post and it's so true!! (of the teenager one, not the teacher one, cuz I've never been a teacher!) Good luck!

Panini said...

ya - it's way more fun to be a student on the first day

Unknown said...

Scully, I know I DO love it! But I didn't have my outfit picked out until that morning, far too much to think about other than that! But yeah, it was WAY more fun to be a student on the first day!

And, I found myself hoping I would see someone that had gotten cuter, only my own age----only, not at the high school, but late August will always bring that on I think...

Missy said...

I have homeschool all planned out and can't wait to begin! Getting the kiddos back on board is a bit tricky, but I will ease them in without them even knowing. Way to much freedom over the "summer"/baby break!