Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Do you believe in Fate?

Beliving in fate has never brought me anything except for a whole lot of fantasy relationships with men! LOL. I always wonder if some things are put in our way over and over again to give us opportunity, or whether we are mysteriously on similar wave lengths with some people. I have decided, (and maybe the romance is just busted out of me by the time I am well, my age), but I can't think about it. I can't think about fate. But it always runs past my mind, and I have to keep it at that, tame. For instance:

Is it fate that I now live next door to a guy that used to not be able to keep his eyes of me, we are both still single?

Is it fate that I ran into a guy I haden't seen for 8 years who has been really good friends with a few of my friends in California at one of my best friend's house...

Is it fate that I accidentally went to the exact same temple session I did two weeks ago and the exact same cute, single man was working, and it was again, a little awkward with eye contact. I know, you don't meet people/hit on people at the temple!

Anyway, none of these things are really significant in my life, I have learned to avoid those thoughts of things being "fate," becuase then it just makes me think my life could be a Jane Austen novel, which it never will be, or I get my imagined hopes up for nothing!

Also, do you think we all have dopeldangers? I swear I saw Jennifer McFadden's today. Same hair and everything, those little weird bleach blonde strips in gelled brown curley hair....So weird. But it was not her, this girl is like 10 years younger!

AND: Elder Holland shops at JCrew. I saw him yesterday!

7 comments:

Scully said...

I don't believe in fate, but I do believe in opportunities. Talk to that boy! Do you have a nice front porch you can lounge on reading about the time he gets home from work? It is all about visibility!

Missy said...

I agree with Scully...I don't believe in fate but to take opportunities and make opportunities.
I LOVE that you saw Elder Holland at J. Crew!

Missy said...

I am joining in the choir here as well! Take the opportunities that arise!

Panini said...

Fate Shmate - I don't think it'd kill you to say hi and introduce yourself. Maybe put you in the hospital . . . :)

Was McFaddin at the 10 year?

Unknown said...

I am thinking there has to be some way to talk to the neighbor, but I don't know how...there is a front porch but it's really small....I'm wokring on it though. :) Panini--McFadden was not at the 10 year reunion, so we couldn't see if she is ugly now or not. LOL.

Panini said...

a little skin cancer wouldn't be out of line . . .

Unknown said...

LOL. Panini!