Thursday, August 09, 2007

On Butterflies and Lightning Bugs

If you could be an insect, what kind of insect would you be? Aren't we done with these games yet? Nope. Same scenario, teacher inservice meeting, 99.9% of all the women in the room chose "butterfly," I chose "firefly/lightning bug." We had to draw our bug, hold it up and explain why we chose it for ourselves. Needless to say, I missed the butterfly mark! Why do I persist in being different? Ha ha. Anyway, my creation/choice elicited an interesting remark from our teacher-trainer, something about his hot prom date...anyway...thought I would share with you all some picutres of yes--butterflies that I took on my family vacation this summer. And to make you ask yourself...what kind of insect are you?! :)



4 comments:

Panini said...

That third one was incredible! Where were you?? That's so fun that you were a lightening bug! Good choice! Are there any none-gross bugs besides those two? Maybe a Preying Mantis - but they have a bad reputation.

Missy said...

Love that picture of you with the butterfly! As for what kind of bug am I? Hmm...an ant..because I feel like I'm going all the time! But I have to to stay sane!

Unknown said...

LOL. Missy you crack me up! Panini I was at an arborteum in Columbus, Ohio.

Missy said...

Fantastic picture of you! I would have to be a honeybee. Just for the mere fact that my work is never done.