Monday, February 04, 2013

A PhotoEssay of My Life

I just celebrated another birthday and maybe am having a tiny early mid-life crisis. I guess having my birthday in January really makes me think not only of new-years, but new-years of my life. I ponder what is it that I have accomplished, and what is it I should be accomplishing. I am one of those people who always needs to be achieving and progressing, for whatever reason, I was born one of those types of people, however sometimes being one of those type of people means I put undue pressure on myself as well.

Yesterday in church someone re-told the story that is always re-told of the little mulberry bush that needed to be cut down by the gardener so it could grow in a new direction and produce fruit. Sometimes I feel just like that.

New &; Little

Big & Blooming!

Wilted & Dying

Chopped & Tossed

Starting Over.

This past month when it was really cold my cute plant that grew twice the size of the photo got frost-bitten in my classroom. She had to be cut back in order to grow again -- poor girl! I almost cried when I cut back all the shriveled pink blossoms and green leaves. Time to re-grow I guess!

Expect a photo exhibiting new, perfect growth (soon) (I hope).

1 comment:

WalkConkies said...

I love this. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from C.S. Lewis about envisioning yourself as a cottage and having a wall torn down here, etc. to become a palace. Much more eloquent than that ;).