Saturday, October 02, 2010

Husband Time Double Time


Alright, I am just going to let you all know, I have a plan to double-my-efforts in looking for a husband. :) And I need your help. If you come across any connections to eligible guys, let me know! I just moved to a new area, have met and gone out with a couple of nice new boys lately, and my goal is to work the numbers game. I'm asking my guy friends for advice on what I can do to date better, I am going to read The Case for Mr. Good-Enough when Cami brings it over to my house, pray for opporutnities to meet and go out with more nice men, and am going to try hard not to judge too harshly, give people chances, and just see if I can better do my part to help myself find a man. And just maybe, if I can make this goal publically and privately, the plan will become more real to me.

Social highlights of late:

A guy actually said to me this week over dinner, "Order anything you want as long as it is under $8.00."

A former student said: "Miss E, I don't know if you will ever get married, I don't know if there is a guy manly enough for you out there, or that could ever keep up with you!"

I got hit on at a party by a man who looked okay, then I found out he dropped out of high school, is still a pizza delivery man at age 35, and is named Axel.

Well, and I already told you the story of the "I like butterscotch, you like butterscotch," guy.

I think it's time to redouble my efforts guys....

5 comments:

the view from here: said...

i have a great idea, how about you come to italy, there are plenty of good looking men over here!

Relaxed Cat said...

You're so lovable! I'll bring it over tomorrow - will leave on the front porch(?) if you're not home.

Reece and Caitlin said...

Reece and I could always find you a cowboy here in Texas;)

JMadd said...

Axel sounds like a real stud-muffin. Under $8? Really? Another good book, and don't laugh, is called "Finding the Love of Your Life After 35." My parents gave it to me before I met Rob, even though I'm not even 35. There was some good stuff in there. I'll need to see if I can find it somewhere around my house.

The Gurrs said...

You are wonderful! I don't meet many single men, but if I do I will definitely spread the word!

Where are Reece and his wife? I like the idea of you coming to TX!!!