Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome My Favorite Time of Year


(The Unitas)


(Stewart Falls)

I may have been up to the mountains three times this week with friends: the Nebo Loop, Alpine Loop, and Provo Canyon. I cannot get enough! Fall comes and goes so quickly, I think that is part of its elusive charm! This is the first year I have ventured around the Nebo Loop and it rivals the other two canyons. I can't believe I worked in its shadow and have never driven around it. I think I need to plan a few more trips before the fall is over. The reds are perfect right now and the yellows are on their way!

Update: I went backpacking last weekend in the Uintas and it was so much fun! I've never backpacked in before and it was work, but not as hard as I thought it would be. I didn't take hardly anything which is part of the trick. We brought in freeze-dried food, water, sleeping bags and that is about it! It was a really fun trip.



3 comments:

WalkConkies said...

I agree! You have to love the Fall! (Actually, I love Spring and Fall) We were trying to make hinking Stuart Falls a Labor Day weekend tradition, but that would have definitely put me in labor :). Glad you got to do it for me! You definitely need to swing by - it has been way too long since we've gotten together (my fault, I know)!!!

the view from here: said...

ohhh... i wish i was there to go hiking too! its our tradition every fall... well, enjoy all of the fall colors for me!!

Holly Petty said...

Oh I love backpacking! I am so glad you got to try it. The Uintas are pretty amazing. I hope the school year is going well. How is it with the extra load of getting your masters?

P.S. funny side note, did you know that Melodie and I are neighbors. We actually live across the hall from each other in the same apartment complex :) Who would have thought!