Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Utah Culture


I have learned living in Utah, that some things are only really in style in Utah. We have this group-culture where people all have to have the same things, keep up with eachother. Most of things I don't fall to, but this one I did. I finally got one of these pretty bracelett-watches all the women in Utah are wearing.

Most women make their own - beading at parties, but I just bought mine at a booth at a fair. It was cheaper than buying my own beads, and no doubt prettier than the one I would have made. I won't get any interchangeable bands, green is my favorite color anyway! Pretty, huh? I don't actually wear watches, never have, but this feels more like a bracelett to me. I love it. And I needed to treat myself to something cute.

4 comments:

JMadd said...

Just don't get yourself a fabric covered bead necklace.

Missy said...

Yup! Our ward just made them last Saturday and I got one too! LOVE it!

Relaxed Cat said...

I LOOOVE those fabric bead necklaces. And still have supplies to make dozens. Get ready for your xmas present! I'll let you request: satin black or cream? ;)
p.s. My mom bought one of those watches.

Missy said...

It is true! I haven't seen much of this in my new local. But I did like this particular trend. It is a feminine watch for sure.