Thursday, September 03, 2009

Forever Plaid, apparently



One fall fashion I cannot fall for this year is plaid. Do you remember all the plaid and flannel we wore in 8th and 9th and 10th grade? Did we want to look like loggers and farmers? (No offense to farmers since I come from a farm family).

All over Macey's and everywhere else everything is coming up plaid, plaid, plaid. Sure the cuts are a little different, but I just cannot do it! My evidence that it is just too soon to bring back plaid: I flipped on the t.v. today while grading papers and Stephanie on Full House is wearing a plaid farmer shirt with a black ribbon chocker. It's just too soon!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally agree! I am not ready for it all either. I guess that is what our parents felt like when the 70's came back in style with the bell bottoms. Too funny :)

JMadd said...

The rule is if you wore it the first time around, you can't wear it again. I'm with you on saying no to this trend. It reminds me of the big, grungy flannel plaids we wore in high school.