Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bucket List #6 - CHECK





I created a bucket list for the next year of my life - August to August. This weekend I accomplished #6: Hike the Virgin River Narrows, Zion National Park, Utah.
And here is what I have to say about it:

Don't be scared. The hike is easy. It's only called a hike because you need to wear hiking shoes or tennis shoes, carry a back pack and use a walking stick.

Yes, you need a walking stick. Probably 70% of the hike is through the Virigin River, and at times it is above the waist and swift, but if you have good shoes and a walking stick, it is more like a "nature walk" through the water.

The views are amazing! But this is not a "hike" for people who hate being wet.

P.S. Who said it was okay for 65 year old men and women to hike in their bathing suits only? Oh, well, good for them for having no inhibitions, I guess? :D

4 comments:

WalkConkies said...

That's awesome, Krystal! I was just telling Andy that we need to do that someday as we were driving through St. George on our way back from Lake Mead! We stopped in St. George and thought about driving through Zion's but ended up stopping at Cove Fort instead. I think that's the hike I did with Eric, Katie, Tony, and maybe a couple other people from the ward. It was awesome! So, what are all the other cool things on your bucket list? Are you allowed to reveal them all? You have to include me in on one of the fun ones!!!

Rena Lesué said...

nearly nudes hiking? yeesh.

Michelle said...

Sooooo jealous! I've been wanting to do that hike for years and years. Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Way to carpe diem! It's late...did I spell that right? Oh well...don't judge.

Katie said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to do this! I'm glad you posted what you did, because it makes me feel like I definitely can. It's always seemed so intimidating. Anyway, go you! How awesome!