Monday, February 09, 2009

A letter to the younger me upon turning.....



1- Just let him kiss you; it won't hurt.
2- You will be single for a very long time--enjoy it.
3- The sooner you discover that you need eyebrows the better.
4- You will become an English teacher, go back to school the first time you get the inspiration to.
5- The temple is one of your best friends.
6- Nurture relationships between yourself and your brother and sisters and girlfriends--they will continue to be a great strength to you.
7- Dad is always right, it's just a fact.
8- Don't ever cut your hair any shorter than 2 inches below your shoulders.
9- You don't need that many shoes.
10- Travel. You have the time and the money and you love it.
11- Don't let anyone tell you you can't; you can.
12- Get into the habit of making your bed.
13- Happiness is a choice.
14- He's not worth worrying over too much for too long.
15- One day you will like mom's cornflake potatoes.
16- Talk to PR at the party you will him at--he is hot.
17- Have BK sign your senior yearbook.
18- Don't get your ears double pierced.
19- Learn to take criticism gracefully.
20- You are not perfect--and that is okay.

6 comments:

JMadd said...

Is PR who I think it is? Ha ha!

Missy said...

Yeah, who is PR?
I love your list!
I'm still trying to take criticism at all!
Happy LATE Birthday! I hope it was a good one!

Heather said...

Very sage advice to your younger self.. I love it! Some of that could apply even though you're ____ now though :)

Hope you had a wonderful B-day

Katie said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday!

The Gurrs said...

I love you list! I wish we could go back and give ourselves advice--life would be sooo much easier!

And you look very beautiful and super skinny!

Relaxed Cat said...

that's such a great list, and so compassionate. makes me wonder what my older self would tell me right now... it's a comforting thought imagining that.