Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Winter Camping!

It wouldn't be me if I didn't put one nice shot with the post.

Just threw this one in to keep it real! :D


These guys look kinda sinister. I don't know if I got a close up but several of the drawings of the feet in these petroglyphs had six toes....



Beause I know you are dying to know how single women spend Valentine's Day--. I spent it in Moab. I went winter camping, yes, winter camping. We had a winter tent and winter sleeping bags and I slept. No one else did, but I slept. We saw eagles, ravens, deer, I almost ran over a rabbit, cows, heard mountain lions, and everyone but me stayed up all night listening to coyotes. The most exciting part of the trip for me was that we survived! And I got to see some petroglyphs! I have always been fascinated with Native American stuff, don't ask me why--maybe it is because that was all the history we had to learn about in WA State history, but you have to admit, these are cool! The ones on the large rock are from AD 1300 ish and the the one that looks like a herd of mountain sheep or something are from the 1600-1800s.

Here is the Delicate Arch picture for Missy! :D

4 comments:

Missy said...

That's all great, but where's your Delicate Arch picture?!! YOu did hike that didn't you?!!

Unknown said...

I did hike Delicate Arch, loved it!

Missy said...

Such gorgeous shots! Even the 'being real'! So glad you had a great time winter camping!

WalkConkies said...

How fun! Isn't Moab gorgeous?!? We had fam reunion there last JULY!!! But, even w/ the hot temps, it was amazing and we loved it! Glad you enjoyed it too! I can't believe it took me over 10 years of living in Utah to make the short drive to Moab! We still need to get together and scrap!!!