Monday, January 05, 2009

Crafty.




So, my mom's fallback is always--"Well, you can teach!" whenever I ruin a pie or mess up a sewing project or the like. I ruin something, or don't follow the directions properly, and I say, "I can't cook!" And that is where she supplies the "But you can teach!" And well, I don't think that is necessarily a consolation. I want to be able to follow directions, but something inside of me just messes up every time! Well I always vow not to try to make another home-making-project or try a receipe. Alas, I fail at my resolution to not try again. I want to be able to make cool things I see other people make or I see in magazines. I have the itch to make something cool, so this Christmas I attempted to make a Christmas Tree Skirt! I think it looks pretty cute, but you are seeing the super re-done-by-mom version. And when I say super-re-done-by-mom-version, I MEAN IT. I should probably just say my mom made it, with a few cutting and a few need-to-use-the-seam-ripper inserts by me.

3 comments:

WalkConkies said...

Well, the important thing is that you got your project done - unlike me!!! I meant to have my mom help me sew another stocking or two and ended up using a couple of nonmatching ones we had :)! Ah well, got to have a few unfinished projects lying around just in case I get bored :) - yeah right! We need to get together and scrapbook - speaking of projects!!!

WalkConkies said...

Oh, and teaching really is a gift! I'm glad there are some good teachers like you out there!!!

Missy said...

You ARE too crafty! You have lots of awesome things you do! The tree skirt is super-cute too! It was your idea even if your mom "helped" you with it! I'd take the credit! :)