Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Winter Blues



Anyone other than me have them yet? No motivation. No desire to go to work, or be productive in general. I am doing all my New Year's Resolutions, hence I am missing yummy food and I want chocholate every single minute and am already tired of making my bed everyday before I go to work! I'm tired of the grind, and we have too-much-snow. The daily grind feels like a grind. Did I mention we have too much snow? It's cold! Okay, that's my rant for the day. "The sun will come up...tomorrow....bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...there will be sun." Pooh. Can I go back to my lovely vacation? Maybe two weeks off is a little too long because it throws off my grove. Oh, well, vacation is always worth it! Well, back to grading papers.

7 comments:

Relaxed Cat said...

i never make my bed as a special present to myself. :) want to come to body worlds on sat with us?

Scully said...

Totally feeling it, too. The novelty of school has worn off and not it is just work. Plus, all the snow melted and it rained for about 48 hours straight and half of the county is flooding. So, good times. And it needs to be Spring already!

JMadd said...

It's totally the vacation. I feel it, too.

WalkConkies said...

WAY too much snow!!! Don't you wish we could just go back to the good old days sometimes and not have any responsibility! Why don't you just take the day off and we can go sledding! :) So, is one of your new year resolutions to scrapbook? Lets do it soon! I might need a week or two to get my stuff in order enough to actually scrapbook!!!

Missy said...

Yes spring would be lovely! It is hard to get back into being productive after taking a break. Boy are we feeling it at our house too. Starting to feel like Groundhogs Day at my house except that no one looks like Bill Murray. :) Which just might be a good thing. hee hee

The Gurrs said...

You just need a little El Paso sunshine--feel free to visit anytime! I'll try to send some your way. It is so wonderful to spend a winter with absolutely no snow. I don't miss it at all!

JMadd said...

I nominated you for an award. Check my blog.