Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas on Temple Square




They have really scaled down Temple Square once again this holiday season, but it still wouldn't be Christmas for me without seeing the lights. This time we got to go to the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, and meet Reece's girlfriend. (Yes, my little brother is passing me up). Despite the scaled-down effects you can't help but feel the spirit of Christmas on Temple Square. Not only did I attend the Christmas Fireside this year but also the Tab Choir/Orchestra concert. It was amazing! Holiday events with music and lights lift my spirits and remind me how wonderful life really can be. I love Christmas time!

7 comments:

Relaxed Cat said...

cool red leaf picture! i just got your xmas card & letter ... love it! we're going to work on ours today. lets play soon.

WalkConkies said...

You guys all look so great! How fun to have your siblings here so close. We're hoping to take my Mom and Nicole up to temple square this coming weekend. I have so many good memories of my Dad taking us on the tour!!!

Scully said...

I think you should submit that red leaf pic to some sort of publication. It is impressive. And you get used to the little brother passing you up. Mostly. ; )

Missy said...

That's an awesome picture of the temple! Good times! We haven't seen the lights in a LONG time!

Michelle said...

Amazing pics! I can't wait to come see it for myself!

Missy said...

Beautiful! It makes me sad a little to know that the scaling down of one of my favorite things about Christmas has to happen. But I have such wonderful memories at temple square and Christmas time that it just isn't the same without it, no matter the size.

The Gurrs said...

How fun! I miss those trips up to temple square for christmas. I had to do a double take of Reese's girlfriend because she looked like our old roomie Lacey.