Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Tool-Test

Now, I don’t believe in holding guys to the standard of “tests” that they don’t know they are being put to, or necessarily holding them to expectations they don’t know you have set for them, or judging them on one single incident, but…with all of those disclaimers, I will have to say that it is food for thought when you ask multiple guy-friends if they can help you screw something together (i.e. a vacuum) and it takes you 2 weeks and multiple solicitations, and you finally try one more guy, and he comes over after one solicitation, saying he can come anytime you need him, with a borrowed screwdriver. I’m not saying this guy is better than anyone of the other guys, but it is just interesting to see which one of your friends will drop what they are doing to help you when you really need it. And then he asked if there was anything else we needed fixing! Good guy.

6 comments:

JMadd said...

Do tell who it was!

Missy said...

Good guy!! And he's just a friend?? ;)

Scully said...

So maybe this sounds insensitive, but why did you need a guy? I have taken apart and put back together my vacuum a couple of times. And it still works. I was just wondering if this was a two person job (because I did actually need my dad's engineering know-how to get some junk that was stuck in the vacuum once) or if you didn't feel confident enough to do it yourself.

Unknown said...

I needed a man to do it because I wanted a man to do it ;) and we don't have any tools at my house, besides he is cute and it doesn't hurt to have cute guys over at the house. LOL. :D

Unknown said...

Plus I have no mechanical skills whatsoever, and I have no doubt in my mind that I could not have done it! Although I do know how to change a tire in a snow storm in Idaho at 1 a.m. and that is something!

Missy said...

Now I am seriously impressed by the tire changing abilities!

Besides I think your plan was excellent! ;)