Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reinvent yourself; do hard things.

I read all of your blogs and see all of the wonderful things you have, husbands and babies and I am so excited for you all! Kind of jealous it's true--I want to be doing what you all are doing! I know you would say, oh, there are advantages of being single, and I am sure there are, but I long for those relationships that we are told have the potential to bring us the greatest joy in life.

I can't say anything terribly interesting is happening right now. I have been playing with some cute boys lately, but nothing interesting to report there. I teach 151 crazy teenagers and it has its daily challenges, but that is what I like about teaching--my life needs a good challenge now and then.

I will have to say in this report about my terribly interesting life :D that I have been trying to do some hard things lately to help me re-invent myself. When my ward went to a ropes course for fhe I tried all the crazy things and dared myself to do them, even if it meant screaming for everyone to hear. I climbed Mt. Timpanogos today for the first time--even though it was snowing and 20 degrees. I have always wanted to climb Timp and have just never done it knowing it would be a huge challenge for me. I have been working on taking up running for the last couple of years, and although a 10k is all I have run, it is something to help me stay healthy. I have daily challenges with work, running the school newspaper, being the PR person for our high school and going through the constant evaluations "new-ish" teachers have to go through. I am working always on trying to make myself more avaliabe and open to the idea of dating someone seriously which is a challenge for me, and I am trying really hard to understand and like football. So there you have it. Me currently--working on me.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Bravo! Timp is impressive! It is a great thing when you follow your dreams especially if it means pushing outside of your comfort zone!

Missy said...

That's awesome that you're doing new things!! You feel so impowered when you do stuff like that! Running would be something super hard for me to do, but it seems like everyone's doing it right now and that it actually seems doable for me...someday!

Katie said...

Go YOU! I always wanted to climb Timp . . . but moved from Utah before I got the chance.

Relaxed Cat said...

i think taking an interest in football is really going too far ;)
. . . love you, amazing one

Michelle said...

You are incredible, Krystal. Matthias said unprovoked the other day that he has no doubt that you will find someone just because you're an amazing person and a go getter. I couldn't agree more. Although there are no guarantees in life, you are doing everything on your end to make things happen, and for that I admire you.

The Gurrs said...

You're awesome! That's one thing I never did in Provo was climb Timp. I bet it was incredible!

You are such an amazing person! I have always learned so much from you!