Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Universe Has a Sense of Humor

Life requires a sense of humor, becuase the universe has one too. Most of you probably know without me having to say who it is, that there is a guy that I met several years ago at a party that I had the most embarassing experience of my life with, compounded by the fact he is very handsome, and how we have had random embarassing moments everytime I have run into him of the years. Well, yesterday again I ran into him for the first time in a very long time actually, and I am not obsessing over how handsome he is or anything, don't ever even think about him, so that is not the context of this story. But, luck would have it that I would run into him again yesterday just after stepping out of the dentist's office, having two cavities filled and my cheeks as puffy as they can get, with no ability to smile. My lips were so numb that putting on lipstick, which I think I can do in my sleep, became nearly impossible; I had to wipe it off the outer-reaches of my cheeks where it wanted to land instead of my numb, puffy lips. Anway, rambling! So I am walking down a street laden actually which a huge bag of groceries that I am carrying in my arms, when low and behold, who should I run into? And of course I said 'Hi, how are you,' as did he, and he gave me a huge smile, which I tried--attempted--willed--but could not quite get my puffy face, and numb cheeks and lips to return! Alas, I just had to laugh at the thought of how my face probably looked attempting to smile at him, I probably looked like some strange, grimacing, I-need-to-go-to-the-bathroom-really-bad, looking person! Again, no significance to this story other than life can just be funny sometimes, and I am determined to laugh with it!

5 comments:

JMadd said...

Do I know who this is?

Missy said...

That's great! It seems like I've heard the story about you running into this guy but I can't remember a name or anything! Should I?

Missy said...

Your poor face! And of course you just stepped out of the dentists office! ha ha ha. I couldn't agree more, from my own share of "funny" moments, that the universe is the biggest comedian yet. It is nudging all its universe buddies..."wait for it...!"

Scully said...

Maybe the universe is trying to tell him something. Because, honestly, what is the boy waiting for? Is he still a neighbor? On the very, very plus side, he was happy to see you. It is always nice when people are happy to see you.

WalkConkies said...

Ha ha! That is hillarious! I hate that numb feeling and ever since going to the dentist as a child I've had a hard time getting excited about Dairy Queen. My mom used to always take me there after the dentist and who wants to stick something in their mouth, even if it is cold when your mouth is completely numb and it would only cause you to drool on yourself!!! Speaking of, atleast you didn't drool!!! (just think dejaw and you'll feel better - of course I didn't know the cute doctor)