Friday, April 25, 2008

Pond Excursion, Anyone?


So, spring has sprung (again) and apparently I'm (still) a late-bloomer. Everyone seems to be calling and telling me they are engaged, almost-engaged, engaged-in deep like, engaged-in-good dating and blind dates, and having babies and love-love-love. I am excited for you all! I truly am! I'm just wondering what I need to do getting-blooming-in-love myself!

Is it time to do what Michael Scott did on last week's Office and force-conscript people to get me dates? Or do I need to follow the adivce from a student's research paper. Apparently I can find my husband, or at least see what he looks like by either looking backwards in a mirror at midnight (I think this is how it goes) or else go and look at my reflection in a pond at midnight, and apparently the image of my true love will appear next to mine. Hmmm, that would save the trouble of wondering whether or not we would look good together--. Might be a good idea, huh? Heck, while I am there I might as well collect a few frog-samples and start kissing a few of those too.

My students said today, "We need to find you a husband." Yes we do.

Anyone want to come?

2 comments:

JMadd said...

How do you look backwards in a mirror? Maybe I should do that. If it makes you feel better, I think I scared my suitor off and i'm sad about it. I didn't mean to. You might not be the only one that Spring hasn't sprung for.

But in all reality, it just happens when it happens. Your number will come up one of these days. Of that, I am sure.

Missy said...

I've never heard of any of those things! And if I was to marry who I thought I would, he would've been a blonde. You just never know! I wish I knew a great guy to hook you up with!!