Monday, January 07, 2008

If I had to vote Democrat....


Did anyone catch the double-header debates on Saturday night? Wow. Lost all respect for John McCain--his hits at Romney are reminiscent of my high school students. I have always had some respect for him, but now, none. Low blows to Mitt. Romney--I decided I really, really like, he is very intelligent and should run our country more like a business I think. Ron Paul, actually is well spoken, but he compared himself to Obama becuase they both are young and hip with young and hip followings (?) Hillary, wow. I felt bad for her for the first time in my life! The WUTR guy actually told her that the state of NH thinks she is unlikeable~. NO one, even Hillary deserves that on public television, or no woman anyway. And if I had to vote Deomcrat, which I won't, I'd definitely go Obama. He seems okay, or, very composed on t.v. anyway. Johnathan Edwards! Kill me now if he ends up being the president. He is greasy, and makes all of these wild-head-in-the-clouds promises! Not a fan. But suprisingly, according to the quiz that Panini has on her blog, I match up most closely with Rudy G.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

It's about time that you posted! I was beginning to think you gave it up all together :) Just kidding! I know you are a busy busy women! Sorry though, I didn't watch the debates, but I did like your take on things.

Unknown said...

Yeah, my goal is to start blogging a little again, to stay in better touch with my friends who blog as well! I'm just sooo busy! :)

Relaxed Cat said...

oh i missed it! stinks not having cable sometimes. I'm so fascinated by these early states . . . wonder what will happen today. You think Edwards is greasy??? Edwards?? Isn't he the home grown apple pie boy? :) I heard Obama gave a stirring speech Iowa day . . . missed that too.

Unknown said...

yES! Edwards just was so overly self-assured and then he made all of these pie-in-the-sky promises about "I will get rid of all nuclear weapons in the world," and "I will get all of the troups out of the middle east within a year of my presidency." Just all of these, yeah right, have you forgot about a congress/senate that makes 1/2 the decisions for you and vetos the rest of them?! Don't like him AT ALL.

Scully said...

Edwards has also been accused of getting all his personal fortune by being an ambulance chaser. I have no idea if that is true or not, but that might have something to do with his demeanor.

Mitt got 2nd in New Hampshire as well, so he is at least looking at V-P. Especially if he keeps that 2nd place position in S. Carolina.

Also, it makes my heart glad that if you were forced to vote for a Democrat, you would pick Obama. I was a little disappointed he didn't take New Hampshire, but it was fairly close and Clinton had to cry in public to get the sympathy vote.

Unknown said...

I admit the crying in public made me like her a little more than I did before though, so whatever works for her. JK. But yeah, still not a fan.

Missy said...

Well Hi there! Glad to have you back. Unfortunatly I missed most of the debate, but found that what I had watched was very revealing of the candidates. And like you if I was forced to vote democratically, it would be Obama.

Duludes said...

I'm not sure how Clinton won, personally. The media made it seem like she had no chance. I wonder if she played fair. About her being made fun of... It seems to me that in her political life she has dished it out. Back when her husband was in his second term I remember she made some pretty negative remarks in public of others. Now we just have to see if she can take it.

Anyway those are my thoughts. (Joel)

Unknown said...

I was shocked that Hillary won, and yes, she can dish it out too. She just has bad public behavior in general, but that's just my opinion. And her outfits, not so cute.

Scully said...

There is some question as to whether people were actually messing with the pre-primary polls in New Hampshire. There have been suggestions that people told the poll takers they were voting for a different candidate than they actually did.