Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sooooooo Cooooollllddddd!!!!


I'm sorry I don't have anything interesting to say other than it is soooo coooollllddd here in Utah I could die! I think I have the winter-January blues. There will be a high of 18 degrees today. Wow. And when I accidentally forgot to turn my heater on over the weekend, when I came into my classroom it was 42 degrees! I teach in a portable 1/3 a mile from the main building and it is an icebox outside! So bathroom trips, copy machine trips, printer trips, are long and frozen, not to mention trecherous. I just need a week of Hawaii-style weather and then I think I will be able to make it through the rest of the winter! I just want to hybernate in my bed and never get out! And if I have to get out, just wear big, warm sweaters that are not flattering but cozy! Maybe I will get a publishers clearinghouse check in the mail and can quit work and move to the tropics! JK. Any advice for staying cheerful in this cold mess? :)

5 comments:

Scully said...

I think hibernating should me mandatory. Think of all the books you could read lounging in bed fo January and February. Also, the receptionist at work pointed out bears lose a bunch of weight during hibernation, so Bonus! It was 6 degrees when I drove to work this morning. Awful.

Missy said...

I've decided I really HATE January!! It's cold and there's no holidays and you have no money!! Ha ha! Not a very good month...not tips here! Except that it will be so fun to see you and Kelly soon!

Katie said...

I so agree! This weather needs to die! It is HORRIBLE!

Missy said...

I used to keep pocket sized heat packs handy. And any chance I got I would nuke them and keep them in my pockets for my fingers.

Hybernation sounds wonderful. Especially with the added bonus of losing weight just reading in bed! LOL How could hybernation be any better?

Joy said...

I grew up in Vernal. You find inside things to do, and don't go outside too much.