Saturday, August 25, 2012

Trypophobia

I have it. It is the fear of random little holes or dots. I've always had it, I just didn't know it had a name. Little holes remind me of worms, warts, zits, zombies, bugs, the Bubonic plague, spiders, fly eyeballs, just gross thigns. Pokadots do not bother me because they are in a distinct pattern.

I made the mistake last year of telling my students about this phobia. It did actually pertain to a literature lesson I was teaching, but bad move. Look what greeted me this year, in fact, yesterday in my desk.



It's a sign of love really, or so I think. My students will drawn dots or circles on my board when my back is turned, and I also get pieces of notebook paper with holes punched in them taped to my car window. High Schoolers.

2 comments:

WalkConkies said...

That is too funny! Nathan LOVES dots. Whenever he sees them, he says, "dot dot dot dot" to every single dot. The girls make pictures for him of just dots! We'll have to send you one one of these days! At first I thought you were going to say it made you think of the danger of falling in a manhole :)!

Katie said...

My students knew how much I hated dead baby jokes. After reading A Modest Proposal, they would leave notes hidden all over my room with the title of the essay. It was an inside joke between us. Even though it was crazy, it made me feel loved for sure. :)