Monday, April 23, 2012

My New Most-Embarassing Moment of All Time!

So there I was in the Amazon Jungle hiking through the mud with this attractive man that I had been flirting shamlessly with all week and then I get heat stroke. We had been hiking through the Amazonian mud for hours and I was doing okay, but then we canoed out onto Lake Sandoval, and were out in the hot, reflective sun for an hour or so, and when we stopped for lunch I got heat stroke. Now imagine me bawling my eyes out in the arms of this man - who is dousing my arms and legs in water bottles full of Amazonian water and fanning me dry with his hat. He coaxed off my boots and jacket and put his arms around me, and I was totally crying my eyes out while he was making me drink water and soothing me. I am still mortified.... So I'm suffering terribly, but we can't just turn around because we are 5 hours out into the jungle so the whole way back he is watching over me and keeping me from falling over and talking to me non-stop about anything to distract me from my sickness. Oh, goodness. So so so so so humiliating! I think I'm all cute and flirty and then I'm helpless and bawling. Great move, me.

8 comments:

Missy said...

That's not so bad. Maybe he likes helping women and it's a turn-on. I think it's a great sign that he helped you and stayed by you the whole time. I think he will still ask you out. :) oh! And I want to hear more about your trip!

Scully said...

It definitely let him be the knight in shining armor, so I think you are probably okay. Plus, you have got the embarrassing moment out of the way now. You don't have to worry about it. That has to be a relief!

Katie said...

Are you kidding? This story is amazing! It's a total Jane Austen man to the rescue moment! He sounds like a perfect Mr. Knightly. Please tell me he has your number!

Reece and Caitlin said...

hahahaha loved the story haha

WalkConkies said...

How romantic! And, what man doesn't love to help a woman in distress, especially a beautiful, talented one like you! That sure would make a great first date story :0)!!!

Duludes said...

I was totally thinking the same thing as Katie. But the setting wasn't in the rolling green country side of England but in the Dense Humidity ridden Amazon ha ha!

Unknown said...

Feel free to pray for a miracle that he does ask me out...haha

Missy Anne @ Wonder Lane Art said...

Ahhh...Knight in Shining Armor, exotic location, romantic tension...sounds like the start of something fantastic to me. ;)