Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Antelope Canyon, Page, AZ


Over the Thanksgiving holiday my mom and dad and I went to Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona. They are slot canyons owned by the Navajo people. You would have no idea they are right underneath the ground, from the top you see only a barely perceptible fissure in the landscape. Anyway! They are beautiful.




As you can see I had quite a lot of fun with my camera - but how could I not? Apparently in the morning (when we were there) the colors are purplish-blue with the orange, but all day long the colors change as the sun hits the canyon walls at a slightly different angle. I wish I could have been there all day long to watch the array.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for my wonderful parents who understand my need for adventure!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Gorgeous! I've never heard of those slot canyons. I want to go!

Katrina said...

Thanks to you, we have had a lot of thoses fun Thanksgiving adventures. Fun times and awesome memories!

Reece and Caitlin said...

Oh man! Looks like fun! We need to do some fun stuff over Christmas!

Katie said...

Wow! What a beautiful place!

WalkConkies said...

That is amazing - glad you were able to have such a fun adventure with your awesome parents!!!

The Gurrs said...

That is amazingly beautiful!