Friday, February 25, 2011

My Little Journalists


Stressful as it can be, I really do enjoy working with these crazy high school kids! This is *most* of my journalism class at the annual Deseret News Journalism Conference held at UVU. A day that is fun for the students, but stressful for me as I chaperone a couple of suburbans full of teenagers and then stress some more as awards are announced for various competition categories such as best layout, best news article, best column ect.

This year we took home three awards - we have done better, but that's really not too bad for a conference with 21 schools participating and over 400 competition entries. I just get anxious for my students to be recognized for their hard work and budding-talent. Aside from boys playing Risk on a laptop during a break-out session, and girls that were just there to check out cute boys from other schools, all-in-all the conference was a successful experience for us.






5 comments:

Relaxed Cat said...

You look like one of the students. ;)

Katrina said...

It looks like a great group you have in your journalism class. And I agree, you definately look like one of your students

Missy said...

I think you found the fountain of youth in your students there!

Unknown said...

Well, it keeps me young on the inside anyway - haha.

Adventures in Kamalot said...

i love reading about your life, thoughts, adventures. china sounds AMAZING, your valentine thoughts were hilarious and i am proud of you for working so hard with your students. you rock, girl! miss you.