Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Teachers Make a Difference


Graduation this year was bittersweet. My first set of kids that I have seen all through their high school career - that were sophomores the first year I taught and then I taught again as juniors and a few that I have taught as seniors graduated last week. I will miss those kids. They were the ones excited about me when I was their brand new teacher and were still the nicest kids to me in the hallways this past year. I think I went through a little withdrawl the last week of school when they were not there!

Anyway - on their exit survey 5 seniors said I was the teacher that had made the biggest difference in their lives. This is what they said (anonomously):

"I had her English class she pushed me on my essays and perfected them. She believed I had a lot of potential. I wrote the best essays ever, learned a lot."

"For teaching me that even though it may be hard, honesty is always best."

"Had been both a great teacher and a great friend."

"She always pushed me to become my best in a positive way. She helped me learn how to express myself through words. She is a great teacher."

"Was a great teacher and friend I loved being around her, she's great."

Five might be a small number of lives to change, but I really was touched by these comments--it was a rewarding moment for me as a teacher!

3 comments:

WalkConkies said...

You deserve that moment!!! Way to be an ispirational teacher! Call me sometime and tell me when your trip is and when we can get together!

Relaxed Cat said...

tender!! i love that! and i LOVE your outfit! super cute.

The Gurrs said...

What a wonderful teacher you are! You are getting these kids and inspiring them at one of the most difficult/moldable periods in their lives. All of them are very blessed to have you guide and inspire them!