Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Remind Yourself You Are SINGLE

Love the line from While You Were Sleeping: "Do yourself a favor and remind yourself you are single and just end the conversation!" So -- I am going to give you married people some advice. Remind yourself you are married and feel blessed today - despite the money issues and the diapers and carpets that just got spit up on. Remind yourself you are married and enjoy it.

Why do I feel like passing on that bit of advice? D-T-R. Remember those? How about premature DTRS from crazy boys who should realize that dating me would basically change their world forever? :D Okay, toning down the sarcasm. But really, seriously, I know being married is not easier than being single - you are right - it is probably harder, but think for me, just think, just go down memory lane and remember for me the feeling of D.T.R.

On a lighter note, I just hiked Angel's Landing last weekend in Zions and it was so scarey and I made it! And I am proud of myself, and if I can climb that high, scary mountain - I can handle anything a boy or two can throw my way, right? Right.


8 comments:

Missy said...

Oh! How I HATED DTR's! I'm so sorry! Shawn's was WAY premature if it makes you feel any better?!

WalkConkies said...

Well, I hope the DTR wasn't on that beautiful hike! I love Zion's!!! And, thanks for the reminder to count my blessings. You are one of them - can't wait to get together this week!!!

Relaxed Cat said...

honestly! the horror! there's nothing worse, or that makes you want to laugh harder from stress afterward!! and i'm so proud of you because you are so brave!! it's ahella a lot easier and funner being married. i validate your pain. ;)
and way to climb that mtn too...ick, it looks so scary!

JMadd said...

DTRs are the worst! I remember what being single was like, since it wasn't all that long ago, and that is one thing I'm glad I don't need to endure. I don't have to sit the hubs down and talk about where our relationship is going. We may have to talk about things, but we go into it knowing that we're still married afterward and everything is going to be OK. You just don't know with a DTR. And thank you for the reminder to count my blessings. I'm having a hard time doing that right now.

Michelle said...

Ugh. Why are guys so awkward and weird? I'm proud of you hiking Angel's Landing! I used to work with the girl you had the first hiking picture with...I'm trying to remember her name. We were both cooks at Aspen Grove Family Camp.

The Gurrs said...

Way to go brave woman (both with the man and the hike :) I miss all those fun UT hikes.
And thanks for the great reminder!

Missy said...

Wow, that acronym...D.T.R...is a repressed memory in itself...lol. Thanks for the reminder! And then to go on that amazing but scary hike. "I am woman, hear me roar" comes to mind. :D

Stupendousman35 said...

Hey! Why are you so close to the wall in those pictures? It wasnt that long of a drop was it? lol
I love DTRs!
ok not really