Tuesday, September 09, 2008

All in a Day's Work

Or a week's worth of work, but wait, it's only Tuesday.

So, yesterday I made a student cry for the first time. Okay, so maybe there are little kids crying every night over my classes and I just don't know about it, but I did make a real student cry in front of me today. She thinks I hate her! She has only shown up to class twice and she thinks I hate her. WELL, we got it all worked out and had an 1 1/2 hour heart to heart though my WHOLE prep period, but hey, all in a day's work. Turns out her boyfriend had just broken up with her too!

Today I had a group of boys who were definitely crossing over into the inappropriate for school conversation, right in the middle of group work in my class. It was just disgusting. I pulled aside, all four of them after class and let them know their conversation could be considered sexual harrassment (scared the pants off of them), and let them know we could all have a talk in the principal's office about appropriate school behavior if we needed to. Wow, I was mean. I feel good about that.

So, what's on tap for tomorrow, I mean next week, well, at least it feels like it should be anyway!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wow. What a day! Way to go with scaring the boys. What a bunch of sick-o's.

Treat Queen said...

Yeah for being mean to your students! They need that.

JMadd said...

I've always wanted to make someone cry... and bust someone for sexual harrassment. Way to go. you just lived my dream day!

Missy said...

I can imagine those boys faces! You should feel good about being mean. Mean for clean speech. ;)

Heather said...

Look at you go Miss Baker!!