Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Pause to Vent

I am cold, tired, in need of a vacation, sick of grading papers, sick of students asking me why I'm not dating anyone, sick of hearing about V-day and it hasn't even happened yet, and sick of Parent Teacher Conferences! Why PHS has to have 4 PTCs a year, I don't know! I will be at the school tonight sounding like a broken record, "I'm sorry, your son/daughter is not passing my class because they are not reading Huckleberry Finn," until 8:30 p.m. tonight. I see on average 50 parents with students a PTC. Why?!?!?! Can't I just move to Hawaii or Mexico and not come back until summer time?

4 comments:

Scully said...

I'm so sorry! And I'm sure the parents all believe it is your fault their child isn't passing. Have a piece of chocolate and a bubble bath when you get home! Scully's orders. A few minutes with Mr. Thornton might not be such a bad idea either.

Missy said...

Yuck...I don't know which is worse...my child drawing all over the wall and temper tantrums or grading papers n such. Sometimes life just sucks. I took a nice long bath last night and agree with Scully. It does wonders!

Missy said...

Sounds rough! Dr. Scully has the perfect prescription. ;) Spring is around the corner.

Katie said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Ours are next week. I seriously think the majority of my sophomores are failing right now. It is so, unbelievably sad. It's like they've hit an all time high level of laziness.