Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm a Big Girl Now!


I've reached a milestone in my life. My dad finally trusts me! I only ran into the garage one time during driver's ed and he never let me drive anything but my own car! I have been banned for years against any of the tractors and the riding lawn mower! Come on! But yesterday my dad let me drive the riding lawn mower for the first time in my life! Whooo hooo! It was so much fun. I did an awful job on the little parcel of the back lawn my dad left for me to mow (we have a gigantic amount of grass, and he let me mow a tad in the back where I could mess up and no one would see). It is harder than it looks! I left little patches of tuff everywhere and you can see the funny circles I made in the lawn for trying to turn around, but my dad didn't even scold me once! Ha ha. My dad letting me drive the riding lawn mower is a metaphor for the fact that my dad respects me as a grown individual who is responsible. My dad is truly wonderful, I hope that didn't make him sound like a tyrant, it's just one of those family things!

4 comments:

Missy said...

LOL! What I would give for a picture of you petal to the metal on a riding lawn mower!

Scully said...

Ditto on Aquamarine's picture request. Hee! Maybe someone will think it is a crop circle and you'll have all the UFO freaks checking out your backyard.

Panini said...

Awesome! How sweet of him to give you a back patch. And congratulations on your marvelous conquest of adulthood! :)

Unknown said...

Seriously. You can't underestimate what a big deal this was! ;) And UFO freaks huh....are they cute?! Jk.