Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pin the Tail on the ...



Okay, so...Midsummer Night's Dream has a character in it named, Nick "Bottom," and he gets turned into an "ass" (Donkey) in the play, and we are reading it in my English 10 class. And Mrs. W, and I thought it would be really funny, okay....it was my idea, to have a class party today because it's the last day of term, and if we got a pin the tail on the donkey game, we could tape it up on the white board and label it, "Pin the Tail on Nick Bottom." Okay, that is funny right? The kids thought so too. It's educational right?!?! So----uh, had the kids fascinated, and guess who decided to pay a suprise visit? The prinicpal and the SUPERINTENDENT! Yeah, what are the chances. I introduced myself, and explained the game, and hoped I wasn't showing my-dying-in-shock/embarrassment!

9 comments:

Missy said...

Not only is your game hilarious, but the irony is right up midsummer night's dream's alley isn't it?

Joy said...

That's really pretty awesome. If the Superintendent has a shred of humor in him--he appreciated your creativeness, I'm sure.

Scully said...

That is an awesome idea! Especially for the last day of the term. I think the principal and the superindendent walked away thinking how lucky they are to have such wonderful and creative interns.

Missy said...

I am agreed with all the praise! Just think how happy your students will be to return for more.

Panini said...

oh dear! what on earth did they say?

Unknown said...

They said nothing, just a sort of worried look on the super intendent's face, but the Principal didn't skip a beat and introduced me as the wonderful newspaper advisor to him, and then I slipped away, quickly, embarrassed! Well, it made my students laugh too!

Panini said...

I bet! ;)

Unknown said...

bwahahaha!

SenatorBond said...

That's really funny...I completely know what that's like from teaching at the MTC--I'd be going off on what the mission was REALLY like (not some idealistic concept that only appears in manuals) using certain unapproved methods, when in walks the supervisor at the most awkward moments...