Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Beach Blues



I have been joking about this song "Beer in Mexico," being my future-husband's theme song, but seriously, I think I'll join him! jk All of my friends lately have been telling me they are going to somewhere tropic, Ms.W, Heidi,Krista. Alas, this is as close as I can get! I long for those shores everyone seems to be going to....Shall we all just be irresponsible, leave our jobs behind and go and drink Koolaid in Mexico? And let the warm sun melt our blues away?

Beer in Mexico

Staring out into the wild blue yonder
So many thoughts to sit and ponder
About life and love and the lack of
And this emptiness in my heart
Too old to be wild and free
Still too young to be over the hill
Should try to grow up but who knows where to start.

So I'll just sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away.

Sun comes up and the sun sinks down
And I've seen them both in this tourist town
Up for days in a rage
Just tryin' to search my soul
For all the answers, and the reasons why
I'm at these crossroads in my life
And I really don't know which way to go.

So I'll just sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away.

Maybe I'll settle down
Get married or stay single and stay free
Which road I travel is still a mystery to me.

So I'll just sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away.

Down in Mexico...

5 comments:

Scully said...

Oh, that sounds absolutely lovely! Too bad my bank balance is at absolute zero. Why can't there be a confluence of time AND money? I either have one or the other. And did you get that notice about the HS reunion lasting the whole weekend. Now there are multiple events at which I have to confess to being unemployed, single, and barren. Good times.

Unknown said...

let's go...

Scully, don't know what happened with the jobby, but this is just the perfect excuse to get away

Panini said...

scully, you are so funny!
Where is Heidi off to? Surely, you could make time for a tinsy vacation to come visit little-ol-me. :) We can listen to as many drinking songs as you want!

Missy said...

Finally, I can comment! I have been trying these past couple of days with no success.

So, yes, I could use a vacation 'bout now myself!

Unknown said...

Why am I missing HS reunion emails?