Saturday, January 27, 2007

Second Chances

Sometimes life gives us second chances. And I have recently had one. ...I had a professor at BYU who wanted to help me publish a paper I had written for her class on free speech and the budding future of the Internet in China, (yes, this was a while ago), and I was too nervous, strangely, to have her help me with it although she offered more than once to get it published. So this last semester at UVSC the assistant head of the English department, also my prof. wanted to help me publish/conference presentation with a paper I wrote in her class on Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis, applying the work of Michel Foucault's Madness and Civilizaiton and Deleuze and Guattari's Toward a Minor Literature. This time I wasn't dumb, and was a little more confident, and now my paper is going to be presented, at the Utah Conference of Undergraduate Research up at the University of Utah, on Feb. 2nd, and I'm excited and nervous. Oddly, I'm wondering first of all, what should I wear? LOL.

5 comments:

Panini said...

I'm so excited for you. Such a great opportunity. Forward me your paper; since I can't be there, I'd love to read it!

Scully said...

I forgot to congratulate you this weekend. This is a great thing to do. What an excellent birthday present.

Unknown said...

You can never overdress (or so I've heard that's the rule)

Unknown said...

oh, and wow, congratulations!

btw-don't try to imagine everyone naked, that only makes it worse.

Missy said...

Knock 'em dead, tomorrow, E!!!