Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Enemy #1

How do you not make enemies at school? Okay, so this girl is not an enemy per say, but she is acting totally weird towards me, won't talk to me, and I and my teaching partner Michelle have totally thrown off the dynamics of the "young people" table in the faculty room! This girl is another younger-than-me English teacher who likes the one-single-male-at-the-school, history teacher, who looks at me a bit. Okay, he is like 5'5" tall, and so--too short for me. But she, about his same height, is acting all like territorial about him, and kind of fending me off it that makes sense??? ANyway, gosh, I'm not trying to make a move on her man, who I am sure beyond sure that he has no-interest-in-whatsoever, and why does she apparently? need to see me as competition even though I am way taller than him, like3 inches and then my 2 1/2 extra with heels? Anyway. Whew. This is not Jr. HIgh okay? It's high school, and were are above that now! Jk. Ideas girls?

5 comments:

Scully said...

Ok, the logical, direct side of my personality suggests that you just pull her aside, ask her what her deal is and then assure her you pose her no threat. The evil, passive-aggressive side of me cacklingly suggests you just be super, super nice to her and ignore the dude and make her feel like an idiot for being, well, an idiot. And what are we doing for your birthday? Because we have to do something!

Unknown said...

flirt like mad with your skillz. Girls like that deserve to be thrown off...plus it keeps you sharp for guys you actually want to like.

oh, and keep your friens close, enemies closer (er, that's what "they" say)

Panini said...

oh, so it's heatin up in there, huh! You should tell her about another guy you like so she can relax while she watches you flirt with the man of her dreams.

Unknown said...

LOL!!! Knew you guys wouldn't let me down on the advice! :) Today it got worse, sort of. We had a faculty lunch day and he sat at a table with my partner teacher and I and a couple of other people, and not at the table with her and other friends. So---that looks bad. Didn't get any crusty looks because she was on the other side of the room, but anyway! I will take all of your suggestions and build a game plan! ;0

Missy said...

My vote is to "kill her with kindness" and of course keep fresh on your flirting techniques. Think of it as teaching by example.