Thursday, October 19, 2006

Zuppa Toscana



This is supposedly the closest receipe to the real deal. I am going to try it, I'll let you know how it goes... p.s. this soup is the reason I love the Olive Garden!

Ingredients:
12 small spicy sausage links
2 medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into 1/4" slices
3/4 cup onions, diced
6 slices bacon
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced
2 tablespoons chicken base
1 qt. water
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place sausage links onto a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until done; cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices. Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Remove bacon and crumble. Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1-minute. Add chicken base, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes. Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream.
Simmer 4 minutes and serve.

This recipe for Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana serves/makes 4

3 comments:

Missy said...

I saw zuppa toscana on your side bar and new this post was going to be good! ;)

This is my Mister's favorite thing at Olive Garden too. I have been craving everything Italian for about a week now. This is definitely going on the shopping list!!!

Unknown said...

I am going to try to make it this weekend. If you try it too sometime we will have to compare notes. :) p.s. your husband has good taste, in wives and soup. LOL.

Unknown said...

If you make this, which I tried to, don't forget that 4 cups are in a quart, I accidentally doubled the water and then had to double the whole receipe. And it doesn't last overnight very well, or at least the Kale in it doesn't. But it is yummy!