Thursday, July 19, 2012

The AP Monster

Do you ever let something consume you and become an irrational fear? I have. I do. I am. I am scared to death to teach AP Language & Composition this fall. I have considered everything up to even becoming a mail-order bride to get out of teaching this class.

I have considered quitting my job, moving to another state, applying for a new job in a different school district, even marrying someone in a foreign country (jk) just to get out of teaching this course! I don't want new challenges, I don't want to grow, at least not this way.

Rationally, I know I can teach this course, but I am scared to death and thus rationality has flown out the window. I'm letting this become a monster in my mind.

HELP! :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

You'll be great! The fact that you are worried about it completely proves you'll be awesome at it. You take it seriously, and I think that's grand. Good luck!

Michelle said...

You will do an amazing job. I have total faith in you. Really.

WalkConkies said...

Ha ha. I just have to say that being a mail-order bride might pose even more difficult challenges. I know you will be awesome! Think baby steps!!! I just read a talk from the Young Women's meeting by Pres. Monson and he says, "Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it's a cinch!!! I love that and I love you! Good luck!!!

WalkConkies said...

I should have had quote marks after 'cinch', but I'm sure Pres. Monson loves you too :)!

Katrina said...

President Packer says "All things have a way of working themselves out."
You will do great!