Wednesday, April 29, 2009

PUNKED


Okay--not quite, but close enough. Yesterday I had one of the weirdest experiences of my teaching career, or one of the most devious anyway. So I was caught after lunch in the hallway by a group of boys all dressed up in suits and ties. They were doing an assignment for the TV Broadcast class about dating. They said, "Oh, here is Ms. E, let's interview her!" So I stoped in the hallway, smiled for the camera, and answer their questions, 'Yes, I think dating is an important social skill to learn....' and I didn't realize what they were doing until they asked me if I was dating anyone and I was like oh,no! They proceeded to ask me how I felt about the single male teachers at the school and then to make a long story short--they caught me on camera saying, yes, I would go on a date with Mr. W if they set me up with him and paid for it! WOW. So yeah, caught on camera saying I would go out with Mr. W. that was a whole new level of deviousness from my students. They have tried daily for the last year + to get he and I hooked up. Turned out they were not dressed up for TV Broadcasting but their soccer game. And then they took their "evidence" that I would go out with him to Mr. W. Yeah. Wow.

11 comments:

JMadd said...

Is Mr. W the one who lives with his mom and drives her mini van to school. I hope they don't set you up with him. Those little rascals!

Unknown said...

That's the one!

Relaxed Cat said...

oh that is just .... a nervous gut bomb! how embarrassing!

Katie said...

This is SO FUNNY! I'm so sorry, but really, you've got to give them props. If Mr. W is even remotely charming, this is a great first date story. Judging from the mom's minivan comment, I'm guessing not?

Stupendousman35 said...

Date him!
Mini vans are coming back in style. I can feel it.
Besides....he is probably just saving money on rent so that he will be the super rich guy that you are most likely to marry right?

That is super funny. Props to them.

WalkConkies said...

Ha ha. That is tooooo funny! Andy traded his Mustang in for a minivan, you know (okay, after it was totalled). I thought it was pretty hot though! You are just too fun to tease, how could they resist :)?!?

Missy said...

OH! MY! Serious deviousness...lol. Hopefully that tape can be found and burned. :D

The Gurrs said...

That is so funny! I hope it is not embarrassing for you. I think every nice, good guy deserves at least one date. If it doesn't work out, at least you know you have helped boost the self esteem of someone who was lucky enough to go with a woman as BEAUTIFUL, intelligent, charming, fun and wonderful as you!

Michelle said...

My rule of thumb is to never date a guy who is working full time and lives with his parents...is there really any excuse?

Angie Berrio said...

Hi Krystal, I found your blog. Ha ha. I guess you're going out with Mr. W now. Has he also been interviewed/punk'd?

Unknown said...

Angie! No, I am not dating Mr. W. Mainly because he cannot talk to me! The kids did video him saying he would go out with me too, but he has never asked!