Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Guinness Anyone?



I've waited 28 years for this to happen. Not that I anticipated it with joy. In fact, I thought I was in the clear! I have never been offered alcohol before---until this past week! I made it through high school and college with no such invitations; it took a gutzy 16 year old to do it! I was invited by one of my students to sneak into senior fling with him---he promised he would be bringing a keg of beer. I was so shocked by his overture! I knew just about anything I said would be incriminating, so I simply replied: "I don't drink, and I'm not a senior," and then walked away. Sadly his friends laughed at him, and I have been on silent treatment for a while. Gutzy kid. Odd, experience! But, hey, all those years of Beehives, Miamaids, and Laurels paid off huh? Peer pressure *psha*. I would make my young women's leaders proud. ;)

5 comments:

Joy said...

Okay, that's pretty awesome. 28 years without being offered alcohol--that's impressive.

Panini said...

Your wild side must be oozing out... :)

Scully said...

Maybe he thought he could get you drunk, take incriminating photos, and thus ensure a passing grade

Unknown said...

This boy who had a crush on me in junior high offered me the peace pipe. He said I could come to his house and it'd be free and everything. Thoughtful, yes, but sweet little me was a bit shocked. He actually found out where I lived and brought me a hemp bracelet made with clay marijuana leaves for my birthday. Mom was there at the door to recieve it. I was horrified.

Unknown said...

LOL. You were all supposed to be shocked that my student was hitting on me! I thought that was the crazy part.