Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I'm Secretly Scared of...

So, I am secretly a little scared of babies. I think they are cute. I do want some...eventually. But I am secretly a little scared of them. Or maybe the getting there process. Maybe I've been scarred by too many delivery stories of desperate pain.

We have had three new little babies born in our extended families over the last week.  In just one week: my older sister had her sixth baby, my brother's wife had her first baby, and P's older brother's wife had her fourth.

After visiting one baby, who is local, and talking to the other new parents on the phone - I woke up crying the next morning. I'm sooo excited for everyone's babies - but it made me scared! I will be a mom someday (no I'm not pregnant), but it just made it all a little more real.

Congrats to all new moms and dads! Thanks for your example----I will need lots of advice and help and fear-therapy if I ever get pregnant.


3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I so understand. I was TERRIFIED of babies. I've never been a baby person. I was never the girl in YW begging to hold people's babies. I've always preferred toddlers and big kids. I was so scared I would have a baby and then not know what to DO with it. Then I had two babies of my own. :) And don't let all those horror stories scare you too much. All the awful process is totally worth it in the end. Congrats on all the new babies in the fam!

The Gurrs said...

you crack me up! You will be the best mama! But yes, it can be very intimidating--at every stage :) But all those stages are so fun too

Unknown said...

nice blog, please check out my blog http://thebestofthebest813.blogspot.com/