Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Poor Future Children


Look what I found! How could I not buy it! It is a baby Shakespeare book of Romeo & Juliet that teaches numbers! My poor poor future children. If they don't end up with literary-inspired names, they will be learning how to count with Shakespearean tradgedy.

I kind of want to name future daughter Giulietta after Juliet, or Natalia after the protagonist in The Tiger's Wife, or Paloma after the girl in The Elegance of a Hedgehog. I have also always liked the name Guenevere after the King Aurthur stories, or Gwendolyn after Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest.

It's probably going to be a good idea that at some point in my life before I have a child there will be a man in my life who will have a say in the matter! In the meantime, I'm learning to count.

4 comments:

WalkConkies said...

Ha ha. I love it! Those names are probably in the top 100 right now - I'm not kidding. I know a couple little girls with two of those names!

Katie said...

I must buy this book for Kaden! Awesome!!!

Missy said...

Excellent choices all around, lol! I particularly like Guinevere. It is one of my favorites.

The Gurrs said...

you're so cute! I hope your hubby agrees with you because those are beautiful names!