Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Missions of San Antonio










I spent Thanksgiving weekend in San Antonio with Mom&Dad and Reece&Caitlin. Aside from touring the Alamo, which was really really cool, (one of my childhood heros was Davy Crockett), we toured the Spanish missions. There are five missions in San Antonio and each is very different and very beautiful. They were originally walled cities more or less that the Spanish missionaries set up to convert the Indians of Mexico/Texas. We toured the missions close to sunset so the lighting was ethereal and gorgeous.

3 comments:

Missy said...

ohhh, it looks lovely! My son loves Davy Crockett too. I'll have to show him your pictures. :)

The Gurrs said...

Next time you're in SA you HAVE to come visit! I'm glad you had fun. those are beautiful places!

the view from here: said...

oh!! i am sooo jealous! the only thing that fun family picture is missing is me! looks like you guys had fun!