Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Disease!


Getting henna done in Fes, Morocco.

My arm is the one with brown and green on it, so pretty!



I just have to say that I DID NOT bring home a weird skin disease from Morocco, although it looks like it! While I was on vacation I had henna done on my hands like the Muslim women do when they get married. It is really pretty when it is just done, but a few days later it fades funny colors and starts to look like skin disease! :D

I had to go back to work with a funny looking hand and had to just own it! I told my students, yes, I had henna done over spring break, yes it will fade in a week or so, no I don't have tattoos or a weird skin disease! Some kids thought I was the coolest teacher ever for getting henna done, but a few kids said "Your body is a temple Ms. E!" I replied that is washes off in a few days, but one student said back, "So, would you use washable chalk on the temple Ms. E, I think not!" Okay, I said, "You win!" Haha. The good thing is long sleeves cover most of it, and it will be gone in just a few more days....





Although I didn't contract a weird skin disease I did however get mild food-poisining, and I haven't eaten hardly anything in days, but that is another story for another day! Another day when I am not wanting to sleep all the time....I will have some cools stories and pics for you all to see!

6 comments:

WalkConkies said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. I'm so glad you made it back safe and sound without some kind of skin disease :). But, food poisoning is not fun! Hope you're doing okay!!! I can bring you some chicken noodle soup or whatever sounds good!!!

Missy said...

That looks so cool! I can't wait to hear more.

Relaxed Cat said...

Beautiful!! Wow, I had no idea henna could be so lovely! I'm so glad you're back, and I'm so sorry you're wasting away! xo

The Gurrs said...

I hope you know that you are so, so, soooo beautiful! You look amazing sitting in you chair getting decorated!

Missy said...

Hopefully you are feeling better from your food poisoning. Seriously never fun, so sorry! But looks like it was all worth it. I can't wait to hear about your amazing adventure!

Unknown said...

http://cameltrekking-excursions.com/1night-in-desert-erg-chebbi-merzouga